Sesame and Bankhall launch Holistic Advice Forums for advisers
New Holistic Advice Forums are being launched for Sesame network members and Bankhall customers as part of the group’s 2011 learning and development programme.
Following adviser feedback from last year’s events, the programme has been enhanced to offer a greater blend of learning channels with more choice and flexibility than ever before.
Alongside the virtual events, business forums and annual conference, this year Sesame and Bankhall will also run new Holistic Advice Forums. Developed with advisers, the forums will offer more in-depth technical content combined with a greater emphasis on practical ideas to help advisers use the content more effectively.
The new forums will examine clients’ aims, needs and circumstances to reflect the move towards delivering more long-term holistic financial advice.
The forums will be produced and delivered in three parts:
- 1. Technical learning via Sesame or Bankhall TV – virtual knowledge forums designed to discuss the technical aspects that will be used during the live events.
- 2. Practical “How to” Live events – using case studies to encourage advisers to think of real life examples and discuss the advice they might give in actual client scenarios.
- 3. Exam support and Gap-Filling CPD – including training on regulation and ethics.
Along with more face-to-face events, other highlights of this year’s learning programme include:
- New online technical events and more virtual events, providing advisers with expert insight and support without having to leave the office;
- Business forums tailored for owners of adviser firms to help them prepare their business for the post-RDR environment;
- The introduction of new, dedicated investment and platform events; and
- Protection and mortgage events to help advisers maximise opportunities in this market.
Keith Gilmour, Business Development Director at Sesame Bankhall Group says: “We have used the valuable feedback from 2010 to help shape our 2011 events programme, which includes the introduction of our new Holistic Advice Forums.
“With the onset of the RDR and Mortgage Market Review, adviser firms have the opportunity to take control of their future by ensuring that their firm is fit and ready for the challenges ahead. For advisers seeking to improve their skills and knowledge, we believe that our learning programme remains the benchmark for professional development in our industry.
“A key element for this year is that the events will be more interactive and based around different client segments to bring a greater consumer perspective. Importantly, they will demonstrate how advisers go about maximising a range of themes and issues, such as tax planning and writing policies in trust. With the events programme more structured and counting towards CPD for advisers, this will be time well spent for advisers.”
The first round of Holistic Adviser Forums take place at 18 venues around the country starting on 8 February. For more information visit www.sesame.co.uk or www.bankhall.co.uk