Sesame Bankhall Group is hosting its final virtual conference of 2010 on 14 December, between 11am and 3.30pm, with an update on recent IFA developments and a look at opportunities in 2011.
The virtual format has proved to be very successful with over 5,000 Sesame members and Bankhall customers viewing the events so far – either live or on demand. The sessions allow advisers to participate in interactive panel debates via a live question feed.
Nick Kelly, Sesame Bankhall Group’s Managing Director, will open the conference with reflections on the past year, along with views on the evolving IFA landscape and recent developments within the Group.
The panel debates will include input from senior figures at Sesame Bankhall Group along with some of the UK’s leading product provider and investment management experts. Keith Gilmour, Sesame Bankhall Group’s new Business Development Director, will close the event with a look ahead to 2011.
Business areas and developments that will be covered include:
- Investment Markets – an expert panel will look at what has shaped the investment market in 2010, along with a forward look at product developments and predictions for next year.
- Tax planning – taking advisers through the finer workings of the UK’s tax system, the session will focus on what has happened since the general election and the opportunities for advisers.
- Business Transition and RDR – exploring examination options and support, this session will also focus on business transition themes such as segmentation and remuneration. The panel will also discuss where tomorrow’s advisers are coming from.
- Protection – examining the last year with developments in regulation, tax and products, the panel will also look ahead to 2011 and the support providers will be offering for advisers.
- Learning and development – an outline of the new 2011 Learning Programme for Sesame members and Bankhall customers, which has been designed to provide more practical learning opportunities to support advisers in their day to day activities and help in their progression towards qualifications.
- Sesame Bankhall Group’s new investment platform service – advisers will hear more about the new all-encompassing One proposition, which has been developed in conjunction with AXA Elevate to help advisers build value in their businesses and ease the transition to the new RDR world.
Nick Kelly, Sesame Bankhall Group Managing Director, says: “With the latest expert insight on a range of valuable topics, this event is a great opportunity to help advisers gear up for 2011 and beyond. We will also be updating advisers on the developments being rolled out by Sesame, Bankhall and PMS to support them.
“In the current climate we appreciate that many advisers are more stretched than ever given the demands of servicing clients, business transition work and studying for qualifications. As part of our wider learning programme, virtual events such as this give advisers the opportunity to gain a valuable insight into a range of issues with minimal disruption to their working day.”