Sesame Bankhall Group announces the date for the much anticipated second conference in its series of virtual events for 2010 – 5th May between 11am and 3.30pm.
The event, which is open to all Sesame and Bankhall members, will be introduced by Chief Operating Officer Stephen Young and consists of a series of panel-based discussions involving industry experts from some of the UK’s leading product providers.
Advisers can participate in interactive panel debates via a live question feed, while saving time and money by not having to travel to the event. Six distinct and important business areas will be covered on the day:
- Challenges you face today – Review of the major issues that are shaping our industry.
- 2. Pre-retirement opportunities – The latest changes in the market place and how providers are responding, which includes Personal Accounts and future innovations in respect of regular premium products.
- At and Post Retirement options and issues – A look at the impact of the latest regulatory changes, along with the solutions available to advisers in the At Retirement sector. There will also be analysis of the ‘baby boomers’ market and the potential opportunities for advisers.
- Qualifications and RDR business transition – A timely update on what advisers need to be doing, along with analysis of the different qualification routes, examination support and funding options. The latest position on alternatives assessments will also be discussed.
- Protection – The panel will debate the state of the market and ask whether advisers have rediscovered their appetite for protection, along with a look at what providers are doing to make products more attractive.
- Sesame and Bankhall – Sesame’s acquisition of Bankhall and PMS last year created the UK’s largest appointed representative network and directly regulated services business for financial advisers and mortgage brokers. Advisers will hear more about the Group’s priorities and plans for the future.
Stephen Young, Sesame Bankhall Group’s Chief Operating Officer, says: “This is our second virtual event this year and it allows advisers to access useful information at their convenience and with minimum disruption to their working day. The events have been developed to offer advisers practical guidance on the key issues affecting their business and the format is proving very popular alongside our face-to-face and online learning. We will be updating advisers on our Group’s future plans, as well as providing our members with an opportunity to feedback their views.”