The winners and runners up for the Kames Capital Journalism Awards 2016 were announced at a ceremony held in central London on Wednesday 30th November.
Nominated by a panel of over 30 independent industry experts from across the institutional and wholesale markets, a total of seven awards were handed out; four to individual journalists and three team awards.
Individual winners and runners up:
- Freelance Journalist of the Year – Cherry Reynard
Runner up – Phil Scott
- Institutional Journalist of the Year – Helen Morrissey, Professional Pensions
Runner up – Laura Blows, Pensions Age/European Pensions
- Wholesale Journalist of the Year – Gary Shepherd, Portfolio Adviser
Runner up – Dan Jones, Investment Adviser
- National Journalist of the Year – Mark Atherton, The Times
= Runner up – Richard Dyson, Telegraph Group
= Runner up – Ian Cowie, Sunday Times
- Institutional Team of the Year – Professional Pensions
- Wholesale Team of the Year – Portfolio Adviser
- National Team of the Year – Telegraph Group
Martin Davis, chief executive at Kames Capital said: “This year has been a turbulent one for markets and has highlighted the vital role journalists play in delivering insightful and educational content to their readers.
“All of the journalists nominated for the Kames Capital Journalism Awards 2016 are worthy of praise, and I would like to offer my congratulations to all of the winners and runners up. I would also like to add my thanks to this year’s panel of judges for their considered nominations.”
More information on the Kames Capital Journalism awards can be found at: http://www.kamescapital.com/journalism-awards.aspx