Financial services communications specialist MRM has today launched a report with views from five industry leaders on the Financial Advice Market Review (FAMR).
The MRM Advice Gap Report brings together viewpoints aired at a debate, chaired by Havard Hughes, MRM’s Head of Public & Regulatory Affairs, which comprised of:
• John Cowan, Executive Chairman, Sesame Bankhall Group
• Anthony Morrow, Founder and Chief Executive, eVestor
• David Ferguson, Founder and Chief Executive, Nucleus
• Stephanie Condra, Retirement Market Strategist, AXA Investment Managers
• Kirsty Worgan, Business Development EMEA, Bravura Solutions
The panel of experts provided views on the current state of the financial advice market, how it needs to evolve in the coming years and expectations from the FAMR consultation (which closes on December 22nd).
Havard Hughes commented: “While there is broad agreement on the vital role played by financial advice, much of the trajectory of regulatory activity has been to restrict it to ever fewer consumers. MRM’s Advice Gap Report has brought together industry experts with decades of practical experience and views on emerging business models which we hope will give the FCA and Treasury food for thought in determining the future of the advice market.”
On the back of the discussion, we have today launched our report, which provides highlights from the debate. You can download a copy here http://myfs-events.co.uk/advice-gap-report/.