Still in the office? Here are 10 tips on how to get through it
Insight | By
There are only a couple of days left until Christmas and there’s a skeleton crew in the office. It’s just you, basically, and Monty, the office cactus. You’re doing a fine job, fielding calls from the odd client, doing coffee rounds for one, giving urgent emails a flag when they come in – but what next? Here’s how to survive the next 24 hours.
- Take down the Christmas decorations. There’s nothing worse than coming into the office in January and seeing last year’s tinsel drooping over your computer screen. Take it down now.
- Write a comprehensive to do list for January. Mark the important things by underlining them several times.
- Water the plants. If you haven’t got a plant, buy a cactus. Cacti are good because they will survive a slack attitude towards watering.
- Consider the unbearable lightness of being.
- Clean your desk. Actually recycle paper rather than throw it away.
- Listen to Christmas music in the office. In the Office.
- Turn the music up slightly louder than you would normally, because it’s Christmas and you’re in the office. In the Office.
- Create new passwords for 2016 for every single one of your social media sites. Use a combination of letters, symbols and numbers. Don’t save them anywhere.
- Consider the unbearable lightness of being. In the Office.
- Search for a Sports Direct mug in the cupboard. Every office has one and no, we don’t know why. If you don’t have one, you’ll need to make some decisions about where you are going and how you’re going to get there.