MRM Group to make Christmas donation to its charity-partner The Change Foundation
For the second year running, we have decided to deny those who would normally receive cards, chocolates and all sorts of other festive treats from us and give the money to our long-term charity partner The Change Foundation (TCF) instead so they can use it to help people way less fortunate than any of us.
So, today we have given £2,500 to TCF’s London Futures initiative which is dedicated to helping young Londoners with disabilities of all kinds find paid employment. The programme uses sport and personalised mentoring and is delivered and led by inspirational TCF Coach Mentors of whom all have a disability themselves.
Over the last two years, 92 disabled young Londoners have taken part in the programme with 67% transitioning into work, training or education with the remaining 33% needing continuing support with their employability skills development. TCF’s target in the year ahead is to increase those transitioning into work, training or education to 80%.
No one sums up the amazing work and impact TCF has on the people it helps better than our very own Mike Richards who has been personally involved in the charity as an Ambassador for over five years.
“In my role as an Ambassador, I have been able to witness first-hand how the passion and hard work of those involved at TCF helps change the lives of marginalised young Londoners every single day. Seeing their work in action is a source of constant inspiration and it is an honour and a privilege to be able to play a small part in the tremendous work they do.”
Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable end to the year and a wonderful Christmas when it comes.
MRM & CCM