Flicking through Twitter on the train this morning, I worried there wasn’t enough banal, routine tripe being posted about digital marketing.
So I decided to add some of my own drivel and quickly pencilled in ten posts that will make your life not even the tiniest bit easier or interesting over the coming weeks:
- Why SEO is dead
- Why SEO is alive and kicking
- 4 social media secrets every marketer should know
- How digital marketing is like Game of Thrones
- Why SEO can turn your CEO into C3PO
- The 10 secrets I learned while writing a blog a day
- The secret I blogged while learning 10 writings a day
- Why social media is Breaking Bad this year
- How online PR is like Luke Skywalker
- How SEO refused to die, nearly died, actually died and was reborn
I have just worn my fingers down to the knuckle studiously Googling and I can reveal that each of these posts has been written approximately way too many times in the past however long by someone or other.
If that turns out to be true, it’s huge.
To stay arbitrarily in the Ps, they are pompous, puerile, pointless posts pulled from the posterior of posers who probably shouldn’t publish.
They are belched on an hourly basis into the ever-growing morass of junk and dregs that clogs the timelines of genuine knowledge seekers.
So rare is a nugget of bona fide wisdom these days in the blogosphere, you’re as likely to trip over a talking elephant with tattoos and gold teeth as you are to chance upon a helpful blog post on your way to work.
Of course, I exaggerate shamelessly to get to the 350 words I’m supposed to be writing. But to (sort of) prove the menace of banal blogging really is making lives worse, I’ll leave you with a few samples from my Twitter timeline from the past few hours.
Looks like we’re all at it.